This article discusses the Core Raider position and its requirements.
- Non-progression content
- Gear up in preparation for Progression Team
- Gain experience in preparation for Progression Team
- Raiding spots are provisional
- May be asked to swap specs or characters
- May be asked to step out of the raid for difficult encounters
Core Raider is a raiding position focused on non-progression content. Core raiders are not held to the same expectations as Progression Raider, but are given the opportunity to join moderate intensity raids for both enjoyment and opportunities for improvement in experience and gear.
The strength of core raids will vary depending on the attendance of Progression Raiders, and so the ability to carry Core Raiders will also vary. This may lead to Core Raiders being asked to either swap specs/characters, or even step out of the raid, to balance the team against the encounter difficulty. Accepting a position as a Core Raider indicates an understanding and willingness to be flexible.