Over the Hill is a guild comprised of social members. The guild provides a mature, respectful environment in which members are able to enjoy the game together.
Within the Guild:
- All members are expected not to flame each other in guild or raid chat. We are an older guild with parents, older adults, multiple countries, multiple cultures, guys & gals etc.. We dont like trash talk, swearing, silly dirty things, trolls, insults or any bad behavior on guild chat or among guildies. It is expected that all members of the Guild treat each other with respect. If there's something you don't like, talk to the GM or Officers.
- Continuous use of bad language is not acceptable. (NO: Any kind any form of bad language or any bad slang like wtf,ffs,milf...) Try to use (standard) English in the guild channel. Continued excessive swearing will lead to warnings & GKick. Also bear in mind that our members come from different backgrounds and all ages, races, sexes and countries.
- Do not go around repeating what's said in our various guild communication channels. What's said there can be sensitive and should remain within the guild. We dont spam advertise, say mean jokes or discuss offensive topics (sex,racist,politics..etc..) on guild chat or among guildies.
- Cooperation is something we pride ourselves on. We wish this tradition to continue. Hence, all members CAN request for help from other guild members, such as crafting an item, helping with class/spec knowledge etc.. But please, be empathetic of others. Do not over tax members with incessant nagging or requests.
- Similarly, don't beg for gold or other items. If a member is willing to share or give something to you, it's out of his/her own kindness, and is not a requirement. If anyone is found to be harassing members with childish requests, they will be removed from the guild.
- We prefer long term members and encourage our members to join with both their main and alts. We are not interested in members who only join for the perks, who consider our guild a temporary residence, or just a place to park their alts while they raid with their other toons in another guild.
With people outside the guild:
- Don't ninja (in random, PUGs, or on nodes).
- Don't flame another guild. If you want, whine in guild chat.
- Don't do anything against the TOS.
- No trash talking of any sort in General, Trade, LFG or BG chat. We are not here to make ourselves infamous.
- As far as possible, try to be polite and courteous in your communications with all non-Guild Members.
- Guild Raids are organized on a fixed schedule every week for guildies. We don't pug, host or advertise pugs in guild. Members don’t host guild raids or relay LFM - PUG raid advertisement on guild chat or other guild channel.
- Every raiding member must play to their limits whilst raiding. Outside of raids you must invest time into researching your class and spec to remain on top of changes and min/max theory. Your gear must be gemmed, enchanted and augmented to the best possible standard before the commencement of every raid. Players not correctly augmented will be ineligible for loot and repeat offenses will result in demotion to a non-raiding rank.
- All raiders must be punctual for scheduled raids. Anyone who has signed up for a scheduled raid,whether approved or in the queue must be ready for an invite 30 minutes before stated raid time. Again, this is about respect for your other Guild mates; respecting their time. Those in reserve must remain available for the scheduled duration of the raid. If you wish to play on an alt outside the guild while you wait, you must notify an officer or the raid leader.
- Use of the Guild Bank is available to all members of rank Leveling & above. We encourage everyone to use the Guild Bank, it is there for everyone's benefit. Deposit items of white-quality and above only (i.e. no grey items), and deposit them into the appropriate guild tabs. Withdraw only items which your character needs. We take a very dim view of GBank ninja's, therefore multiple withdrawls will be identified, and if found to be items that that class cannot use, you will be immediately demoted to a lower rank (a rank without GBank withdrawal access), until such a time you are able to explain your withdrawal. If a valid reason is not provided, you will be removed from the Guild.
All new guild members will be required to read the guild charter and agree to abide by the rules as set out in the charter and attached pages, therefore should any member break the rules the following process should be undertaken.
Multiple, unexplained withdrawlas from Gbank:- immediate change of rank to a lesser rank,one without withdrawal access.
1st Offense:-Private caution by an officer or GM.
2nd Offense:-Stronger caution, however the member will be required to re-sign the charter to indicate that they truly understand the guild's policies.
3rd Offense:-Gkick. This is at the discretion of an Officer or the GM.
The spirit of co-operation and harmony is very important to the overall Guild culture and from time to time a situation may occur where a particular member’s character and nature does not seem to fit in with the general guild culture even though they may not have broken any specific rules.
The GM and Officers have the right to use their judgment regarding issues not yet covered in the Guild Charter, after which a policy change should be proposed and made clear to the rest of the guild members.
From previous GMs and updated by Mccloudlee and Mcvodichian.